September 2016 UMSC Updates
Saturday, Sept. 24, was the first UMSC meeting of the year! It took place in Rockford and covered curriculum, social events, and more. A short summary is below. For more details, read the full meeting minutes.
- Dean Curry and Dean Kashima presented an update about the curricular transformation. The summary can be found here. The Phase 2/3 retreat will be October 10-11 in Peoria.
- We are still looking for two Chicago students to fill LCME subcommittee positions. Information about the committees can be found here. The applications can be submitted here and are due by October 12.
- The second annual leadership retreat was a great success! 128 students across all 4 campuses, representing all years/programs/phases were represented. More information can be found in the complete minutes.
- UMSC is revamping their website. If you have any ideas, please contact Petra Majdak.
- The next UMSC meeting will be on Saturday, November 19th in Peoria. All are invited to attend in person, but each campus will have a room set up for remote access to the meeting.