SCB would like to provide a special thank you to Abbas Hyderi, MD, MPH, former Associate Dean for Curriculum at UIC College of Medicine. He, along with student leaders at that time, initiated in 2012 the Student Education Team (SET) framework upon which the SCB has been built and has been supportive of its growth ever since.
In addition to Dean Hyderi, SCB would like to thank the following individuals for their help in both designing and supporting the creation of such a unique organization in medical education which allows students a degree of influence over their own education and teaches them how to be better students and teachers in the process:
- Raymond Curry, MD – Senior Associate Dean for Educational Affairs
- Richard Stringham, MD – Assistant Dean for Curriculum
- Sandra Yingling, PhD – Associate Dean for Educational Planning & Quality Improvement
- Maureen Valaski, MHPE – Director of Office of Curricular Affairs (OCA)
- Matthew Orlando – Associate Director of OCA
- Julie Mann, MA – Former Associate Director of OCA, Current Administrative Director of MSTP
- Max Anderson, MLIS, MS – OCA Instructional Designer
- Eric Wallbruch – OCA M1/M2 Coordinator and SCB Administrative Contact
- Terra Clark, MPH – OCA M3/M4 Coordinator
- Mary Cronin – OCA Office Manager
- The following student leaders who were instrumental for the concept, design and implementation of SCB – Tiffani Berkel (M3, MSTP), Ally Young (G4, MSTP), Adrian Boscolo-Hightower (Class of 2018), David Lee (Class of 2017), Martina Gabra (Class of 2016), Jacob Fyda (Class of 2016), Ryan Knodle (Class of 2017), Kelly Liesse (Class of 2017), Mamatha Challa (Class of 2017), Cutler Lewandowski (G2, MSTP), George Stotis (Class of 2019), Kenji Kobayashi (Class of 2018), and Joseph Geraghty (G3, MSTP).