Student interest groups are required to have a Specialty Career Chair who will coordinate with the Residency Preparedness Dean and Director of Career Services to improve the resources provided by the student organization.
The guidance provided will include, but not be limited to:
- Coordination of career development and exploratory activities
- Faculty advisor selection and coordination
- Funding for events that, upon review by CMSC and Career Services, provide specific skills or information that assists students in gaining exposure to specialties or developing skills related to the match
Faculty Advisors should:
- Assist in program development
- Present ideas, vet ideas
- Provide oversight with career exploratory activities
- Be a resource regarding the specialty
- Have regular meetings with executive board
Reach out to the VP of Student Life to get involved or with any concerns about student organization career advising initiatives.